Friday, April 15, 2011

Discussion Question:

You are planning on starting your own business selling clothes. Discuss pros and cons for starting an e-business

A few pros of having an e-business that people anywhere can purchase your clothes. Let's say I am in China and I want to buy the new Michael Kors bag but it isn't available in China, then I would go online and buy it. Same thing, if I have a very popular bag then anyone, anywhere in the world who has access to a computer and a credit/debit card can purchase the bag. Also any positive would be that these are made to sell stuff. Like if I had a whole store full of bags and 300 bags were still left unsold then I would just end up either throwing them away, giving them away, or selling them for less that I bought them just to get rid it. A con of having an e business is many hackers target e businesses and steal information and money. In order to prevent that, one must buy a very high end security system and that could cost a lot of money but could be a very good investment. Another big con is that consumers will not be able to try on the clothes before they buy it and let's say that someone bought a shirt but it was not their size, then when they ship it back to us, it costs the business money, and then shipping it back to them also costs us money. Lastly, the price of shipping nowadays is SO expensive and first even I had the consumer pay the shipping, it would be a HUGE turnoff to pay like $30 for shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment