Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Discussion Question #1: Database

A database is a collection of information stored in an organized form in a computer. One of the biggest web services that enables a database is Google. This is a search engine I used all week. A few other databases I used was Bing, Yahoo, and Wikipedia. Honestly, thinking about a world without databases actually gives me shivers down my spine. With databases, we have all the information in the world in our fingertips and without it I feel kind of empty. I mean, for almost everything, I use Google. When I am looking up research, looking for a recipe, looking for anything, Google is there for me. Without it, we would just be kind of limited in knowledge. In the internet, there is a huge, universal amount of information. With databases, all the information is stored in an organized form.

No comments:

Post a Comment